Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Case of The BG's!

So I'm having this conversation with my friend and some how we come across the term "Bubble Guts". I suddenly notice this blank look that comes across his face and I realize he has no idea as to what the "Bubble Guts" are! In shear shock I ask him if he knows what that term means? I couldn't believe it but he had NO IDEA! It baffled me, so we quickly started inquiring about the term. We asked multiple people and many of them had no idea what the term actually meant. Yeah, sure they had a general idea as to what it could mean, but it wasn't a part of their everyday vocabulary. I even decided to do a survey on Facebook and still I received a ton of people not familiar with the term. After all of this I decided to Google the term. The first definition that pulled up was from the urban dictionary. It read, "The noises made in your stomache when your ass is about to burst due to a case of explosive diarrhea."There were countless other links of people who had encountered the term, but had no idea as to what the meaning was. The only conclusion I have come up with is that this term is probably a cultural based term. Needless to say my friend was very excited to learn this new term. He stated he woke up in the middle of the night, stomache rumbling and bubbling, and exclaimed, "I think I have the Bubble Guts!"

No comments:

Post a Comment