Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The "YOU TOO" Response!


Have you ever been at a department store and on the way out the associate says “Have a Nice Day!” The appropriate thing to say in reply would be a simple, “You Too!”
 This is all fine and dandy but sometimes I get a little carried away with such a default response.
 For instance, the associate sometimes say, “Thank You for shopping with us!” My mind once again goes into default mode and I blurt out a “You Too!” 
Now that doesn’t make any since. They didn’t shop in your establishment, what were you thinking? Ever since it has just been a bad habit. I try and catch myself right before it slips out but it does.
 Everything has the reply “You Too!”
 Lady compliments me on my beard, “That’s a nice beard you have.” “Why thank you, YOU TOO!” 
“Please Come Again.” “YOU TOO!” 
“I can’t wait to see you next week. “YOU TOO!” 
I know your probably thinking “What a silly problem!” but 77.3% of American face this same problem every day, according to the statistics I just made up. We have to put a stop to such stupidity in America. 
Not only is it an embarrassment to you as the “You Too” person but it makes the person receiving the response just as uncomfortable. My solution is the next time I’m greeted I’m just not going to respond! 
That’ll teach them to try and pull a “You Too” response out of me. You know I bet they all know me by now and grab all their other department store friends,
Associate:  “Hey here comes that “You Too” guy watch this!”
Associate: “Hope you like the underwear you bought, sir!”
Me: “Thanks! You Too!”

1 comment: